Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where I come from...

I'm a very nostalgic person. I've always been, all my life. It's probably why my business name suits me so well. My mom's always called me the family historian because ever since I was a child, I could spend hours pouring over photo albums, asking countless questions, soaking it all in. I'm not sure if the stories I heard about my grandparents were romanticized, but I do know what I witnessed as an adult with the type of love they had for each other. There are few people who can say that they've lived their life to the fullest and were able to pass on gently to the next life holding the love of their life's hand. That is how my grandfather passed, surrounded by the amazing family he put together. I think witnessing this kind of love helped me not to settle for anything and find a partner who I can create this same kind of magic with. Speaking of magic, my childhood was the most wonderful time. I must be the luckiest person alive to have such a beautiful family who loves each other with not one condition! This is truly what Valentine's Day is all about. It's not just the romance and the flowers, it's a time to count your blessings because if you look really hard, you'll find a million in your life. So I leave you with a tiny piece of my history and a BIG part of who I am. Happy Valentine's week! xoxo























No comments: